Florida – EMT Certification Requirements for EMT Basic and Paramedic
- Submit the completed application.
- Complete the required education which includes HIV/AIDS training or meet education requirements in one of the five ways listed under Professional Education below.
- Hold a current Florida approved CPR, or ACLS certification at the appropriate level for the certification sought. http://www.fl-ems.com/TrainTest/TrainTest.html
- Successfully pass a department required examination, and
- Pay the appropriate fees.
- EMT candidates who received their training at a Florida approved EMT program will take the NREMT certification examination.
- EMT candidates who are currently certified in good standing by another U.S. state or territory or by NREMT will take the NREMT written basic assessment exam
- Paramedic candidates will take the state-developed examination.
Florida Department of Health
Division of Medical Quality Assurance
Attn: EMT-Paramedic Certification Office
P.O. Box 6330
Tallahassee FL 32399-6330
Contact Phone Number (850)-245-4910